Thursday, May 17, 2012

Indaba - THE Southern African Travel Show - Durban

I paid a flying visit to Durban to attend the Indaba Travel Show.  This is the best show in the region and THE place to be to meet people in the industry and update yourself on where to go and what to do.  Many Zimbabwe Exhibitors were there once again, and were kept busy by the many enquiring agents and operators in the travel trade.  Some new products were launched, and hopefully I shall be able to visit them and feature them on this blog at same stage.  There were powerful and emotional speeches given by fellow Zimbabweans, which left me feeling proud and elated, and dying to get back to work.

I flew SA Airlink from Bulawayo to Joburg (the most expensive flight per km in the world ! so I hear ...), and Kulula.com between Joburg and Durban.  Both flights in both directions were absolutely spot on time - Kulula started out a few minutes late on the way down, but caught up the time easily - and the snack boxes served on Airlink were really very tasty !!  My luggage arrived on the same flights as I did, intact and untampered-with. Our landing in Bulawayo on my return home was possibly the smoothest I have ever experienced - fellow passengers also commented on this on our way to the terminal in the bus.

As always, it was good to get home ... Bulawayo has the sweetest smelling air !!

No comments:

Post a Comment